In this tutorial, I will be showing how to reinstall WordPress. But let’s first look at some reasons why reinstalling WordPress may be the best option for you.
Why Reinstall WordPress?
Your WordPress website may have been hacked as a result of WordPress’s core files being modified. This does not necessarily mean you can’t access your WordPress sites. a Hacked website may include but not limited to:
a) Seeing strange ads on your website
b) Your website redirecting to other websites
c) Your website behaving strangely
If you feel that your website is hacked, reinstalling WordPress may be able to fix the hack.
How to ReInstall WordPress
1) From your WordPress dashboard, go to Updates
2) From the updates page, you will be able to see updates available to your WordPress website like updates for themes & plugins. You will also be able to see if your WordPress needs an update and be able to update them.
3) To re-install WordPress, all you need to do is click on “Re-install Now”
4) Once the reinstall is completed, you will be taken to the WordPress about page.
It is always good practice to update or re-install your WordPress to its latest version as this helps to reupload any modified core WordPress files.
Also, don’t forget there are other security measures you can take to improve the security of your WordPress website.
Some of these security measures you can take on your WordPress website are:
- Use a WordPress friendly Hosting like BlueHost
- Use a strong password
- Regularly change Password
- Set Limit login Attempts
- Use a Recaptcha
- Use SSL (Site Security Lock)
- Update to the latest version of WordPress core, themes & plugins
- Have a regular Backup
- Change Admin Login URL
- Use Akismet Anti-Spam
If you like this article, you may want to check out: How to install WordPress using Softaculous App Installer.