For some reason you may want to install WordPress manually by downloading the official WordPress software.
This is very possible and i will be showing you how in this tutorial.
Before we get started, check that your host supports WordPress. If you want to install WordPress Manually offline then XAMPP is a good choice.
In other to run the open-source WordPress,
WordPress.org recommend your host supports.
PHP 7.3 or greater
MySQL 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB 10.0 or greater
Nginx or Apache with mod_rewrite module
WordPress requires MySQL to store it’s data and you need a tool that manages MySQL and that is connected to your hosting.
And that tool I recommend and widely use is phpMyAdmin.
phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web.
And finally, you need a domain name connected to your hosting.
There are web hosting out there that meets WordPress requirements and even more, you can check out: WordPress Approved Hosting Recommendations in 2019 Officially Endorsed By WordPress.org
How to Install WordPress Manually – Step By Step Guide
Why this tutorial is for those who already have their host and want to install WordPress online on their domain name, my installation steps may be similar to those who choose to install WordPress locally on their computer using xampp.
1) First thing first, download WordPress from WordPress.org/download and the file will be saved to your computer as wordpress-[version}.zip
2) Once you have the WordPress ready for use, next you will will need to upload your wordpress file to your hosting.
Note: Make sure you upload the WordPress files to the domain name file path in your hosting.
There are three available ways you can upload WordPress to a hosting account.
You can upload via
- File Manager
3) Next, you will need to Create MySQL database & user. The MySql database is were WordPress data will be store.
4) Configure the Wp-config php file. You need to configure this file properly to contains the database information of step 3 which communicate with the MySQL.
5) After making changes to the wp-config file & save, next we need to Run the Installation.
To Run the installation, you will need to go through the installation page url on your web browser and it will be something like this depending on where the install script is located in:
Don’t forget to replace the example with your actual domain name
6) If you do step 5 correctly , you will be present with a welcome page that says: "Welcome to the famous five-minute WordPress installation process!”
7) On the WordPress installation process page, you will need to fill in the fields for:
Password: (Enter the password twice)
Email address: (You will get login information in this email)
Finally, Select whether or not to have the search engines index the site.
8) Click the install now button, and if everything is done correctly, you will be taken to the final screen showing the message:
Success! WordPress has been installed.
I Hope you find this guide on how to install WordPress manually useful. Please Feel free to write a comment below and share your experience with WordPress installation process.