In this tutorial, i am going to show you how to backup your WordPress website on your cpanel web hosting using softaculous.
Your website is a very important part of your business and so having a regular backup of your website is one way to be prepared for mistake such as you could delete critical files , Your website could get hacked, or it could break after an update – and that’s just for starters.
Softaculous is an Auto Script Installer. An Auto Installer can be used to install scripts and software without you having to upload files. You don’t need to create any database for the scripts and go through the complex procedures of installing these software packages!
If you are yet to have WordPress website, the easiest way to install a WordPress on your domain name is using Softaculous App Installer on your cpanel web hosting
This tutorial is for those who used the Softaculous app installer to install their WordPress website
Also Note That Setting up a backup for your WordPress website can be done during the installation process when using Softaculous app installer. In case you miss setting up the backup during the installation process, then this tutorial is for you.
Step 1: Log Into Your Web Hosting Cpanel
Use the Cpanel Username & Password giving to you by your hosting company. That could be in your hosting welcome email
Step 2 – Locate The Softaculous App Installer in Your Cpanel and Click On It.
Step 3: On the Softaculous Page, Click On All Installations
Step 4: The All Installation Section is where Scripts Installations such as WordPress goes to for proper management. Now Click on the pencil icon to edit installation.
Step: 5: The Edit Installation Page is where you can make changes to your installation. In this section scroll to where you have:
- Backup Location: You can Leave it as Default
- Automated: Set your automated backup intervals. For Webify20, i choose Once a week. Softaculous will take automated backups via CRON as per the frequency you select.
- Backup Rotation: I choose 4 for the backup rotation for webify20. If the backup rotation limit is reached Softaculous will delete the oldest backup for this installation and create a new backup. The backups will utilize your space so choose the backup rotation as per the space available on your server
- Select files/folders: Select other files/folders you want to include in the backup process if any.
- Use above selected files/folders for Backup: Leave this as No, except you want only the selected files/folders related to this installation will be backed up. By default backup will include all the files/folders under this path
After Making these change, scroll down to SAVE INSTALLATION DETAILS and Click on it. The next screen you will see will say: The installation details were edited successfully.
CONGRATULATIONS, you have successfully initiated a backup of your WordPress website